So I am going to finally accept it, summer is almost gone. I am headed back to Boston for my 10 year college reunion (yikes, when did that happen?) and it is going to be full on fall there with changing leaves and crisp cool New England nights. I wanted to hold onto summer in one last post and recap some of my favorite summertime moments, both in food and travel.
1. Watermelon and Tomato Salad – the quintessential summer salad
2. Bahamas – an epic family vacation to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
3. Zucchini Tart – the perfect way to use up all of that zucchini that seems to be laying around in the summer
4. Carmel and Big Sur – a spur of the moment trip that ended with the most magical sunset
5. Strawberry Basil Gin Fizz – the drink that started my love affair with gin
6. Big Sky Montana - a long weekend under that big beautiful Montana sky
Thank you summer, you were awesome, you keep on getting better and better each year. Ok fall, bring on the shorter days, cooler nights and all things pumpkin and apple.